The following rules (UPDATED) apply for taking part in the Precision FlyIn Approach to LOAN:
- Participants must have entered via our homepage, nominating aircraft-registration, PIC, COP and Pax.
- For every aircraft an intended average speed must be given.
- Participants with takeoff from Salzburg LOWS will receive a departure sequence.
- Participants enroute on flying in on Friday August 12th have to inform us about intended time overhead the Austrian border.
- Starting Point, Routing, Finish Point, Photos will be handed over in LOWS before departure on Friday August 12th.
- When overflying the Starting Point an SMS has to be sent to with Registration, overflight time in UTC.
- Flying is at your own responsibility according VFR (we recommend to establish contact with Wien Information 124.40 for flight following).
- Use of IFR-instruments or GPS-based flying are not permitted on fair basis.
- Photos are taken on Waypoints for decision CORRECT YES/NO (not necessarily in direction of light or PIC-side).
- Additional photos are taken enroute to be marked on your chart.
- When passing over the Finish Point an SMS should be sent to with Registration, overflight time in UTC, planned time for landing in LOAN.
- For photos correctly marked within a distance of maximum 3 Nm from the precise point are awarded with 2 points.
- For photos incorrectly marked a fine of -2 points is calculated.
- Each correct decision of a Waypoint Photo is awarded with 2 points.
- Each incorrect decision of a Waypoint Photo has fine of -2 points.
- Final evaluation is based on Photo points. In case of a tie the flight time is used for ranking. For a difference of more than 1 minute from the calculated time overhead the Finish Point a fine of -1 point per minute discrepancy is calculated.
- The Routing Chart with the Photos marked has to be handed over at maximum within 5 minutes after landing in LOAN.
- Price Giving will take place at the Farewell Dinner.
Sample Photos - not to be used!